Pages

The Purpose of This Site

Once this site was just for me. It was a personal blog, journal or diary of my journey with the Lord. However one day reading it I found that this could also be a real testimony to the world. Evangelism is my heart. Jesus is my life. This is my real account of my Christian walk and revelation that I share with you. In all things take them to scripture. I do not claim to be an expert though I study, research and seek the truth daily. My purpose it to stir your heart towards the Heavenly Father so you can pursue your own Journey with the lord through his word and in spirit.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Fighting From Victory Not For Victory

this is an audio post - click to play


Sunday a sermon had me thinking about the idea that God has fought the battle already and that I may myself be trying to fight a battle that has already been won. Perhaps in our disobedience sometimes we forget the fact that the battle does belong to the Lord. Though he fights the battle we must abide in his direction. As in a war there is a leader that heads up the front protecting his soldiers and if they listen to the commanding officer that have a better chance of survival than if they do not. Clearly something that I have thought about but have seldom excercised. This week I am going to excercise that the idea. I am going to go forward with what God asked me to do a long time ago and see what God has in store for me. I know I have boasted how my site is not religious but as with the last few enteries it looks like it has been impossible to hold back what God is doing and saying in my life and in the Body that is the church. To some that may be religious. For me it is my life. I have seen recently people torn down by sin and even myself falling into a hole of sorts. But luckily I feel God holding on and I do feel at peace with God though I may not be at peace with myself. The idea of fighting from Victory is to live and work in your life as if the struggle has already been taken care of. knowing that God in our obedience will deal with things IN HIS WILL. It is our job simply to be in his will.

Sometimes struggling christians are swimming up river and wonder why it is so hard. It it hard. yes. But I think sometimes and namely myself I sometimes make it harder than it actually is. Is there a larger since of acomplishment? Not really just a further distance to travel. It reminds me a Relay race i watched where children and adults participated. One of the adults confident in his abilities set his line further than anyone else. But he set it way too far away. In the end the man was exhausted even though he was in good shape and not only did he come in last he staggered to the finish line 8 seconds behind everyone else. Sometimes I think we as people do the same thing. Perhaps our goals are set too high and ultimatly our failure is not in failing to accomplishing the Goal but failure in planning and setting the goal in an improper way. Without the guidence of the one who sees and knows all. Our Master and Commander.

As stated earlier I feel God breaking me from my circumstances. The Circumstances that have held me for many years. Choices, decisions, realationships, understanding, obedience, follow thru. Integrity. These things are important. But far more important is the living out of what God has taught me though the test and the trials. I am no differnet that anyone else. I hold no more knowledge than anyone else God is working with. I feel we are all on a level playing field sometimes we just feel better when we can convience others that we have a tilted table. That we have been dealt a bad hand. Th Bad hand becomes the focus and we cannot go further than what we believe to be our only abilities therefore our final destination. A lie of the enemy incarnated through people speaking badly about us. People who judge. Friends who leave when times get rough. Or seemingly a God who becomes quiet. Does he become quiet or do we simply begin to believe the lie that we cannot talk to God when we are being tested, in sin, fallen short, or questioning our faith. I know that through my trials and through my sin and through the rough times It can sometimes be hard. The key is knowing that the Victory over your soul, your purpose and your plan has already been set. It is merly our jobs to walk through that door. Accept his authority over our lives and follow his commands like a good soldier. It sounds easy but it is a simple battle of the flesh and the spirit. As Paul said this battle can only be won in Christ. It is Christ who set's free. It is Christ who can defeat the castle of 1000 enemies. It is Christ who can lay waste your opressors. It is Christ who can bring his purpose and plan into your life. It is Joshua who with Christ defeated over 30 Kings and took over the nations they ruled over. I do not believe God has made a maze that we must go through to get the cheese I simply have come to understand the simple interception of our flesh (faith in the wrong things) is what twarts the simple plan that God has set that takes us off course. So as we fight the trials, we fight for marriages, we fight for finances, we fight for freedom, and we fight for a better relationship. The fight has already been fought. We must picture ourselfs beside Jesus who is seated at the Right hand of God knowing that are destiny is eternal and has already been set. His plans and his purpose and his war fought and victorious. So why do we cringe when it is time to fight a battle that has already been won? Perhaps sometimes we need a better relationship with our Master and Commander of the Great War to know that he is already been throned and my victory is in him and not in myself. Awsome to know that no matter how weak, no matter how small, no matter how timid we may be. The Creator, The Author of life himself has already written the ending in our favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment