Pages

The Purpose of This Site

Once this site was just for me. It was a personal blog, journal or diary of my journey with the Lord. However one day reading it I found that this could also be a real testimony to the world. Evangelism is my heart. Jesus is my life. This is my real account of my Christian walk and revelation that I share with you. In all things take them to scripture. I do not claim to be an expert though I study, research and seek the truth daily. My purpose it to stir your heart towards the Heavenly Father so you can pursue your own Journey with the lord through his word and in spirit.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Journey Thus Far

It has been some time since I have written. In all honesty it is very difficult to stand up and start riding this bike. It falls and falters half-ways sometimes at the second or third line. I sometimes wonder why I try at all? But I guess this is what happens when you never quit you keep on going forward till you realize that never quitting means never ceasing knowledge; in both how to do and how not to do something. We loose out on the Journey because our interpretation of what we are going through stops at where we have been and if we don't go far our knowledge in that comes to a halt.

Our knowledge comes from experience and sadly enough most of our experience comes from preference. So we are very limited to what we know by what we decide to experience.

This is why the journey is so important. This is why that no matter how negative a journey may be that we need to fight on moving forward. Bringing back the morsels of truth from those experiences like precious treasure. I usually write from a perspective of faith and though my heart is that in what I write. I write this for those whom this is foreign. I think to some of the Christian faith it is foreign. Looking at what we know by our mere experiences.

It helps sometimes to look at things from different angles. Especially when writing. It helps to see that on the Journey thus far as far as what you know is what you have made the decision to believe. This is why as people get older, more mature that they also change in their beliefs. This happens sometimes through our attitude or in our preference of what we find acceptable or not. This keeps us from realizing exactly what we have taken on as more of a theory.. Unbreakable in the hearts of most but not a tool of any use. Our ideas and conceptions of what is can be a prison we live in. Our acceptance of science as fact and faith as fiction that create as much as a mismatch of thought than visa versa.

Perceptions are very interesting. I can look at something and see something entirely different. But many times we want to be so different that we decide to ignore the obvious. In hopes we can fill-in the blanks later. I believe more people at times in their lives feel this way and sometime people who are rather honest feel this way most of the time.

I don't push what I believe. But I can live out what I believe and do the best to live it out in hopes that what people see is not an idea but a working tool. Granted it is hard. Making decisions. Bills that need to be paid. Choosing to love someone who might actually hate you. Making painful decisions. Harsh words but on this journey I see from my perspective and you from yours. I have calculated what it has taken to get me here thus far but I never know how much further I have to go. I know not my destiny on this earth at least. Some may claim they do but I fret it impossible that only God knows a mans destiny.

What I do know for sure as concrete fact as I did not make this world I live in. I did not make this body I live in. There are many things I do not know. I have come to a sad yet true revelation and it is said but I believe it is only fully realized when comparing yourselves to the vastness of what lies ahead. The more I know. The more I realize I know nothing.

As for me I recognize the truth of the Word of God in my life. I have a relationship powerful God through his son Jesus Christ. Granted it is tested many many times over. But as I stated in my Title. This is only the Journey Thus Far.


Phil 3:13-14
13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment