Pages

The Purpose of This Site

Once this site was just for me. It was a personal blog, journal or diary of my journey with the Lord. However one day reading it I found that this could also be a real testimony to the world. Evangelism is my heart. Jesus is my life. This is my real account of my Christian walk and revelation that I share with you. In all things take them to scripture. I do not claim to be an expert though I study, research and seek the truth daily. My purpose it to stir your heart towards the Heavenly Father so you can pursue your own Journey with the lord through his word and in spirit.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sibling Rivalry

I remember many years ago. Though slightly fading now just thinking about it. I remember it similar to a dream. I remember playing with my brothers Jeremy and David. We lived somewhere in the midwest. Our surroundings were modest metal homes and we would play games with blankets and Air vents. The air vents would go through the house from the floors and fill the blankets with air and made small tent like forts in which a barrage of attacks would commence to an exciting afternoon or evening of war with my brothers..

Each of us myself and my 2 brothers would play all day with each other. Sometimes I would get into a fight with Jeremy and David would bail me out. He was my Older half brother.


One day it was a cool and brisk morning we ventured out from the house armed only with sticks and encountered a snake on the road. I remember how just at this moment my brother played with the snake while I more frightened hid and cried. This play came out of control when both of my brothers realized to their dismay that what they had were sticks and not swords. Soon things turned out for the worst. The snake began to coil and attack both of my brothers by snapping forward at them and me. Then for a split moment during this painful, yet memorable experience our Sibling Rivalry became a bond that kept us safe. We came together. My older brother picked up a rock threw it at the snake.... my younger brother Jeremy who not more than seconds ago was making fun of me now knelled and comforted me. My brothers whom I identified with as proprietors of pain and destruction and jolly at my expense alot of the time now became both my protector, friend and 2 man army armed with only a stick a stone. How ironic that these sticks and stones they now held were not hurting me but protecting me.


It's amazing how brothers can come together in tough times. Though today my relationship with my brothers is very little that short moment still resides in my mind almost dreamlike. Almost as if it never happened but perhaps I might have just dreamed it. I was assured some years ago this event did happen and this moment now places itself in memory as real and concrete.

___________________________________________________________________

So As I thought of this memory I thought about what it means to be a brother also what it means to be a sister. Though it is harder for me understand this more fully. I look back at where I have been and where I am going at this time and realize that these relationships and these encounters with snakes exist in our everyday lives. What we do with them. How we interpret them and wither we are the one who is afraid, protecting or at time making fun and playing jest leads us.

This is my Prologue to much more deeper look at What some call Sibling Rivalry what can lead to this door of what is expected of a brother and sister and what God expects of us. I hope on this Journey I do some justice to the topic as I have had less than enough experience in this but am relying very much on my abilities to write as clear as I can to convey a deep and important message....more importantly relying on the holy spirit to guide me to reveal both truth and revelation.

It has been sometime I have taken on a topic like this but seeing the importance both in the church and life has left me to tackle this topic head on and ask God.  Revelation or bust.


No comments:

Post a Comment