Pages

The Purpose of This Site

Once this site was just for me. It was a personal blog, journal or diary of my journey with the Lord. However one day reading it I found that this could also be a real testimony to the world. Evangelism is my heart. Jesus is my life. This is my real account of my Christian walk and revelation that I share with you. In all things take them to scripture. I do not claim to be an expert though I study, research and seek the truth daily. My purpose it to stir your heart towards the Heavenly Father so you can pursue your own Journey with the lord through his word and in spirit.

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Where are we Going?

I am a fan of Dave Matthews. There is song called "where are we going?" It is the gesture and the thought I have come to realize is one of the most important questions any good thinker can think and ask. No matter what faith. No matter what position you may come from to not see where you are Going and assume someone else does or that you have some magic pill and it comes in the name of a politician is not only foolish, but frightening.

This is what the Holocaust was built on. Some person will come and solve all our problems with words and policy. I fear not. This is more fantasy than reality. I think even for the Christian to think that we have a solution that is greater than all and it is our faith is also shallow as well. I say this candidly of course. Because I am speaking of the faith as it is not what it stands for. If the well thought out christian conservative can stand up and begin to feel the scriptures and live them as well will they see that they themselves have lost the meaning of what they stand for also.

No wonder the world thinks the christian cannot think for himself. He cannot give good reason why they do what they do. Our life and our heart does not reflect it and it becomes regurigitaion of what sounds good at a pep talk or for our kids or for someone else but we have not taken the meaning of the word of God and buried it deep within our heart than yes like the word of God says even his chosen people his children will be fooled.

At an election such November 4th we all will together to make decisions. All have the emails and the videos and the talk around water cooler at work. We hear policy and even about the dreaded 2 edged sword Propositions that for the most part from last election I saw little change in policy. Our votes count but what more than a vote is what we belief on the sleeve of your hands.

What do you stand for? If it be hard unadulterated Atheism. Then show it. Don't color it. (I doubt this needs to be said) and if it be Christian than like a Christian as an Atheist don't be wooed by what you see or hear but by the Word of God that you made a decision for the day you got saved.

"We" a touchy feely nation sometimes I doubt that the road to hell is paved with good intentions would shake many people. As we can see Good intentions are not so Good when you have a different perspective. What may good intention for me may not be for you. Agenda's both Christian, Catholic, Muslim, Atheist as all for one Person. This nation and all who live in it. It is not about what we believe on paper. But what we believe daily. What we say and how we live. Sometime I catch my self on this flaw. Especially those days where if I compromise will I get something in return. As much as like to not admit this reality. We are a Selfish, All-knowing, All Wanting - Short Term memory people. We forget 9/11 and become talk like a word used to fill space or cause drama. It does not bring pictures it did that dark morning. Like that we forget. We also forget the words that came from the mouth of every American. God Bless America. The ring was real...the sound was short. The hearts were real the impact was temporal. Like flowers on Valentines day from a cheating husband the words and sentiment were meaningless.

Are we willing to stand for something for longer than popular belief. Are we willing to stand up for God when others shudder at how it may make them look. I appreciate sentiments as much as any other but sentiments are built on shallow, superficalism that holds back the church and its actual purpose. It is a tiresome thing. It is no wonder we have lost the respect of this nation at many times as an egotistical and sometimes narcissistic social group bent on making sure their coffee lattes are warm and sweetened just to taste and that the person leading worship is playing their favorite songs and that they can find some ministry to be a part of to place a notch on their belts.

No comments:

Post a Comment