Pages

The Purpose of This Site

Once this site was just for me. It was a personal blog, journal or diary of my journey with the Lord. However one day reading it I found that this could also be a real testimony to the world. Evangelism is my heart. Jesus is my life. This is my real account of my Christian walk and revelation that I share with you. In all things take them to scripture. I do not claim to be an expert though I study, research and seek the truth daily. My purpose it to stir your heart towards the Heavenly Father so you can pursue your own Journey with the lord through his word and in spirit.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

In the Spirit of Christmas

I am always amazed at the way people look at Christmas.  I know the historical and even the religious foundations of Christmas.  I know the confusion that circles this holiday and I know that many claim it was once theirs etc.  I am well aware of many of the reasons why there is this great issue.  The funny thing is historically if you actually look at Christmas as a whole up till about the late 80's Christmas was always considered a Christian Holiday.  I have friends born on the day and they do not think it is all that horrible other than the fact that cheap friends (namely myself) might only get them gifts and combine them as Christmas/Birthday gifts.  I think the amount of time is within 2 weeks.  If you birthday falls between 2 weeks of the Holiday your getting a combo gift from me.

I find the music very pleasing during this season and I am not ashamed to call it the "Jesus is the Reason for the Season Season" when people ask me.  I celebrate it because of what it is to me. Not for what it is for others.  As for gifts they are not a prerequisite.  Spending time with family and friends I hold in highest of all regards.  It is a sure blessing to that during the Holidays.  I can by the way use Holidays because it is a word and it is also a Good way to share a momentous time of the year.

I know that I will get flack from this writing but in all honesty we are not doing what the Bible says when we squabble and fight over this time.  This is a time where most Atheist are trying to prove that we need to release and let go of the Myth and keep the Merry.  I thought I find intriguing because St. Nicholas himself was an avid believer in Christ Jesus and would have rolled over to see what a mockery they have made of him in light of Jesus.  I do not by the way Hate Santa Claus.  I do however think it is a shame that such a man of such servitude and a giving spirit could be used as an Idol before Jesus himself of which Nicholas himself would have been in grave objection.  If you overtly trying to get people to realize that Jesus is the Reason or that it is a Winter Solstice and its your Holiday I think we both have missed the boat. Both Christians and those against celebrating it as a Christian Holiday.  I think however if we also deny that the songs that we sing are also overtly Christian especially the ones that tug on your heart and spirit we are like a man trying to avoid looking at a large pink elephant staring at him.  It is as if we have Gone to all measures to take our what Make Christmas. Christ - Mas and then wonder why the Joy is not there like it was when we were a kid.  In innocence as children none of us have degrees in Theology and many of are not looking for arguments.  It is why I believe Jesus said that we must be like Children.  Our over thinking and over philosophizing has made us unlike children.  We have become judgmental, angry and even agenda oriented.

The greatest of Christians, most devout can scare away people with their ways. I will say I cannot deny Jesus. I will say that It is sad at what measure this country has gone to deny him.  When other countries very clearly see Christmas as a Christian holiday.   I am not also ignoring Haunukka or Quanza or the Winter Solstice.  If you choose to celebrate this time how you choose I will not tell you how to do so.  I do not think that would be right but I also think ignoring it for what it is because of personal belief is silly.  I do not deny the birth of Buddah or the birth of people I do not agree with alot of things.  I do not deny them in the same sentence to me this is more childish then ever to ignore what is so plainly clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment