Pages

The Purpose of This Site

Once this site was just for me. It was a personal blog, journal or diary of my journey with the Lord. However one day reading it I found that this could also be a real testimony to the world. Evangelism is my heart. Jesus is my life. This is my real account of my Christian walk and revelation that I share with you. In all things take them to scripture. I do not claim to be an expert though I study, research and seek the truth daily. My purpose it to stir your heart towards the Heavenly Father so you can pursue your own Journey with the lord through his word and in spirit.

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Without Authority There is No Power

I have neglected this site for far too long.  My humblest apologies not necessarily to you the reader which at its least will be myself and at its greatest many.  The truth is I have been a bit of a journey where like a bowl I have grabbed the rain and I AM HERE to share it with you.

I am writing this just after a service where I was slammed by the cautiousness of a Christian Prayer... It started with a prayer where people outstretched their hands to pray for the pastor who was praying that day and it was prefaced with….When we outstretched our hands…its not like power is coming from us…its just Faith.

I froze…looked around and wanted to see if others caught it.  To my despair in my spirit I saw many caught it but did not realize it. Sadly many swallowed it like a pill.

Like medication the effect comes after.  I would look to see how it worked out in the lives of the people who outstretched their hands, or the ones who neglected to do so for they saw no point in doing so.  With that I realized that the effect would sadly be disastrous for many but thanks to God's grace in the meeting many would not have the deadly idea of no power settle into their spirits. 

We have come too far to set caution tape up.  To preface the power of God with a Surgeon Generals Warning prior to consumption.

Then the darkest part hit.  I realized how many times I have done this myself.

Why?

Here is what the word of God says.  Sadly I think there are Christian Ideas we are comfortable with that have changed the way we see his word rather than the other way around.

Matthew 28:18–19
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore…

By His death on the cross, Jesus righteously restored all that man had lost. That is why, just before He went back to heaven, He said, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore…” Those words tell us that He has transferred His authority to us.

The authority which has been restored to us is not just the authority on earth which man had before the fall, but Jesus’ unquestionable and complete authority in heaven and on earth!
It is upon this foundation that Jesus commissioned His disciples.

It would not be the Great Commission if it did not rest upon this great claim to universal, unlimited authority. And being authorized by the Lord Himself, the disciples went forth and turned the world upside down

But what do we do?

Sadly many people take Christian ideals but forget what his word says.  It’s almost as if they have blinders on.  I know at times I feel like I do and I need those around me to keep me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment