Pages

The Purpose of This Site

Once this site was just for me. It was a personal blog, journal or diary of my journey with the Lord. However one day reading it I found that this could also be a real testimony to the world. Evangelism is my heart. Jesus is my life. This is my real account of my Christian walk and revelation that I share with you. In all things take them to scripture. I do not claim to be an expert though I study, research and seek the truth daily. My purpose it to stir your heart towards the Heavenly Father so you can pursue your own Journey with the lord through his word and in spirit.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Discouragement or Encouragement

Recently while in listening to a message from Jim Lamont. I came to the understanding of what the difference between discouragement and encouragement is. Through the last few days I feel in many ways I have been encouraged and in other discouraged. Many times in the body of christ we have a hopeful desire and embedded even deeper is a need to discourage for that we feel we have some athorority to do so because of what we might think that we know or know of. It is really that important the bible says that all members of the body are of importance. Even making it easier to understand by reducing each as a body part. Is you heart not needed or the brain no each are essential parts to your operating body. Why is it we feel a need to tare apart the body inside and out. For who are we to judge unless invited to give our point of view. Authority is invited not forced. As in my acceptance of Christ is my life I have made the decision for God (Jesus Christ) to be my leading and guiding light. I fall short many more times than I would like to admit. However it was an Authority that I have invited into my life. Are we Encouraging or Discouraging? The Bible says that a "A House divided upon itself will fall" Since I have agreed to the authority that is Christ in my life. I must take all that he says very seriously. Even that which I may not agree with or feel discontented with. I always had trouble with Matthew where it states that if a man not hate his mother and children he cannot follow me. WOW! Through more understanding and maturity that I am sure I will continue to form and shape in I have realized that Christ must be first. This is what the scripture is saying that your love must be so powerful for me that your love must be in comparison like hate to those whom you love. WOW!. Now in accepting this scripture in authority that is Christ. I also must understand that I must love others. Especially in the body. If this is the case. Do I show love by discouraging or encouraging. The Bible says that loves build up and does not break down. The bible says that we must build each other up in the faith. The Bible never speaks of the contrary. By judging where does that take us. In the Throne and seat of the Lord most high. This is a place of great responsibility and of which we will never have an understanding of. If this is the case how come we as people put ourselves there daily. For the words we speak if not from God are from Man. Mans heart will always be deceitful and will always be against God. In this we must understand that we daily if not in Christ and in his authority will try and dismantle that which God has already planned and purpose. In other words. The words are dead will fall to the side and the purpose and plan of God will not be changed. Simply you will be fighting a losing battle against the God most high by going against those whom he has made in his image to do his will.

No comments:

Post a Comment