Pages

The Purpose of This Site

Once this site was just for me. It was a personal blog, journal or diary of my journey with the Lord. However one day reading it I found that this could also be a real testimony to the world. Evangelism is my heart. Jesus is my life. This is my real account of my Christian walk and revelation that I share with you. In all things take them to scripture. I do not claim to be an expert though I study, research and seek the truth daily. My purpose it to stir your heart towards the Heavenly Father so you can pursue your own Journey with the lord through his word and in spirit.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Worship in Spirit and in Truth

this is an audio post - click to play





John 4:23
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

What is Worship?

I have read scripture after scripture. I have meditated on the Psalms but where is the worship? Can I learn to be a better worshiper simply by reading the word of God? Well it is a good start. I believe. Since I am not nor will I ever be the guide post but Jesus is the best way to see worship is through the son of God. Jesus Christ and through the Word of God and those that worshiped before me.

Repeatedly I see the man who worships as submitted, revealed. Each individually worshiping God as he or she chooses or is so inclined and I cannot help to think that we have indeed placed a cap on our reflection of worship. David dancing in his what we would call today undies is sheer genius to our lifted hands as if weighted by air itself. But then what is the comparison?

I write on this because there is no greater Joy than worship. However most controversy comes in how people worship along with any other spiritual outworking such as speaking in tounges.

I know that either way the community of the saved draws a line one way or another both in their worship and their flow of the spirit; but where do we stop? It reminds me of a friend who recently reminded me "Wild but not weird, James". Our words full of so much yet realistically they are dull and not much help without scriptural guidance.

In my Journey to find from the (Non-worshiper) perspective the attitude of worship it is clear that certainly one can only worship (in spirit and in truth) if the truth is in him and he or she has the Holy spirit. Keep in mind I am not questioning but for someone who does not posses or is new to the Body the issue of Worship can be confusing and even without the Holy Spirit discouraged in our preference.

I have not arrived and daily I am learning new ways to worship my father in heaven. It is clear that a great weapon against the enemy is worship. It is clear that worship brings us closer to God and is where God does his heart,spirit and mind surgery on us. It is where we are lifted from who we are to what God wants us to be and we take a glimpse of the glory that God has awaiting for us in the heavens. Worship is important.

Contrary to what most believe. I believe that worship is a gift that God has given his children to praise and worship him. Some people in false humility would say. I worship him just to worship him. But even God knows Man more than that. He knows our desires. He loves us like any good father would and he is the greatest Father and Master of them all. It is not sin to enjoy being in his presence. It is not sin to enjoy to be fulfilled or even to Thank him for what he has done.

I bring this issue to this Blog and before his throne room because I know in my spirit what God has called me to. Unification of the Body is not easy but through worship it can be done easily if we set aside the trip ups of preference in worship. God uses who we are and manifest his spirit in us and our character and who we are is exceplifed. We are in essence given freedom to be Who God has made us to be and in being freed in worship we release that and therefore our freedom comes is being free in him. It is the creation saying father... I will bounce in around in the Body you have given me. I will shout with the voice you have blessed me with. I will jump with the feet that walk in drudgery daily and will risk embarrassment in a world full of pride for you.

Worship is personified by his spirit and Christ's Spirit alone. We are given an ability to fully come into his presence though our reflection as some have said is not even a full picture of what worship is but a glimpse. At this time that I am fully satisfied with for now.

2 comments:

  1. Love your presentation and writing. Especially the audio... Keep writing, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joash. Sorry for not getting back to you till way late somehow blogger did not show me this comment till now. Appreciate you reading. Godbless gonna check your blog out now.

    ReplyDelete