Pages

The Purpose of This Site

Once this site was just for me. It was a personal blog, journal or diary of my journey with the Lord. However one day reading it I found that this could also be a real testimony to the world. Evangelism is my heart. Jesus is my life. This is my real account of my Christian walk and revelation that I share with you. In all things take them to scripture. I do not claim to be an expert though I study, research and seek the truth daily. My purpose it to stir your heart towards the Heavenly Father so you can pursue your own Journey with the lord through his word and in spirit.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Men's Advance 2007

Over the weekend I attended a Men's Advance. We call them Advances instead of retreats. mainly because men advance and do not retreat. The words mean a lot. Sometimes we don't realize just how much they mean until we are in need of something more than just a retreat but change. When we want to push the envelope of what God wants for us this usually happens. Sometimes is takes a long time. Kind of like a an incubation period of what we heard and now what are we going to do about it?

The main topic of the weekend was being a priest in your home. I thought it was a very impacting time that had me asking questions of how I priest-ed in the home before. I know that sometimes we don't necessarily think of ourselves as priest of the home but God intends men to be the priest of the home. Not Lording over but carefully being the head point, the cutting stone and being fully accountable for our actions with our family. This picture is far different from the sometimes glossed over and pitiful men depicted on prime time TV.

Shows like Everybody loves Raymond. Where the wife is leading the man around and the grandparents have a large say in the family. It is fitting cause I do enjoy everybody loves Raymond. But clearly though there is comedy which is tragedy you will find this is indeed the outcome of these types of relationships. Shows are made to eliminate the true consequence for if the actual consequence of those relationships were played out they would not be on prime time but cable and they would not ultimately be a comedy; but a sad and dark drama.

The world and Men in general have no standards to look at for men. Especially men who are living in and for the world today. Our best examples (best being worst) Homer Simpson, King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, and well this one's old but Married with children.

The only closely relate-able to what a husband wife relationship should be as Priests would be the Bill Cosby Show. He spoke with his wife, discussed matters. Did not make taboo subjects taboo with his children, He was transparent, communicative, bold (Sometimes). They worked as a team and it was Bill's responsibility to lead the home properly. There will probably not be a show like that again (though I hope there might).

I am not trying to get off track. I am simply trying to be understandable. Our example "today" of what a man should be in the household is deeply clouded and the only real examples are from the bible. People like Abraham, David, Isaiah, They were men of Valor. That would be the best way to explain them. Men not afraid to go Gods way and be fully responsible for their actions. They were not passive. They were not setting on the sidelines having the wife make the decisions and shouting "Honey that will never work...but do what you may." instead they were saying I will take the lead with my father in heaven to raise this family and I will look to my wife for support but I will not throw the burden upon her alone. I will share the burden and we will work together I will treat her with respect knowing that if I am treating her in haste the lord will not answer my prayers and my pursuits will not be "ultimately successful" because God will not bless them.

Its simple really. So simple we miss it. I missed it. I missed it royally. Unfortunately I cannot change the tides of time. I can simply not make that same mistake again. And I can remain as a warning for others. I will do that since I do not wish others to go through what I did. Though I know others have been through worse. I am determined of one very important fact. It is not what you go through or even what caliber you go through it. What is important is what you learn from it.

The battle of being passive as a father, friend, and husband (though I cannot claim that any longer) is ongoing. It should be. It is perfecting us everyday. And though we may not be perfect we are striving for perfection. Not in the unending run for and carrot. But a continual growth towards what God wants to make us. A reflection of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment