Pages

The Purpose of This Site

Once this site was just for me. It was a personal blog, journal or diary of my journey with the Lord. However one day reading it I found that this could also be a real testimony to the world. Evangelism is my heart. Jesus is my life. This is my real account of my Christian walk and revelation that I share with you. In all things take them to scripture. I do not claim to be an expert though I study, research and seek the truth daily. My purpose it to stir your heart towards the Heavenly Father so you can pursue your own Journey with the lord through his word and in spirit.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Forgeting our Master

In times of suffering and pain we tend to look up. We turn our face to God. Even those who do not know God tend to raise their heads up and weep upon a God that they do not believe in or believe in but do not abide in. In these times sometimes I wonder why God does not just keep us there. Being a God Jealous for our love you would think he would keep us in a humble and suffering state so that we might love him more, speak to him more and pray to him more.

Yet God does not keep us in this state. Maybe for some he does but for most they move on from Glory to Glory many times forgeting their Master. That God becomes a mere background and stop beat before eating, a quick prayer in the morning. A Blessing before eating food in prayer that he will bless the food and make it healthy for our bodies. Or a quick popcorn prayer at night or in the car. Either way slowly dwindling into a mere background of life and not being the forground of what we stand for.

This has always puzzled me. Even in my own action that we suffer for a given time and then are restored maybe even blessed greatly and for a short while we are happy blessed. We might even be verbally exhaltive of his name but slowly the desire to serve dwindles once again. Is it that we live from one GLory to the next. In expectation like a child of when the next candy bar will come? I have questioned this myself. Why is it when we ask the Lord to bless us with something that many times we use that one thing that we desired and asked and longed for to take us further from God. We want more free time. So we get that free time and when given the choice we schedule it on a Sunday. We pray for more monies and when the offering Bag come no more goes in. We ask for a promotion and then suddenly God is not as important. It makes you wonder sometimes why God answers prayers at all.

It to many extents shows the sacraficial nature of God. That he sometimes does what we want in desire to show us truly what we need. In forgeting our master we find that peace is hard to attain. In all the glory of finances or even free time. What good is that time if our hearts, our bodies and souls Hold God a near last on our list of actions and only a first or close second in our words. It is puzzleing. It ranks into the catagory of things I will ask the Lord Jesus when I am in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment