Pages

The Purpose of This Site

Once this site was just for me. It was a personal blog, journal or diary of my journey with the Lord. However one day reading it I found that this could also be a real testimony to the world. Evangelism is my heart. Jesus is my life. This is my real account of my Christian walk and revelation that I share with you. In all things take them to scripture. I do not claim to be an expert though I study, research and seek the truth daily. My purpose it to stir your heart towards the Heavenly Father so you can pursue your own Journey with the lord through his word and in spirit.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Thing About Mountains

I was pondering just over the last few days of the miracle of the mountain. It is large. In most cases immovable but ever moving slowly. It plays a large part in the construction of the universe and land in general and much cannot be built on it but safely cites reside inside the canyon of them. The Rocks though hanging seem not to fall yet they do seasonly and many a risky men build their homes on the sides of them.

In thinking of this mountain I thought about my life. I thought about the battles I have fought and won and battles I plainly lost. Mountains like in our world are a requirement in our lives.

I remember long ago. Far longer than I would like it to be. I trekked up a mountain in Yosemite. I remember the pain and I remember the struggle it was to climb that mountain. When we got to the other side awaiting was a place called the hidden falls and we ate upon a flat rock that sat in front of a beautiful cascading fall that was three separate opening that met to one pool then flowed in one beautiful stream. The Flat rock was large yet was not completely covered by the lightly roaring river that engulfed beautiful greenery. The stay was short but seared in my mind. A place of peace after the struggle. I then remember shortly afterward the long steep hike down. At first when starting again on the journey I was excited because I knew that it was down hill from here. But what I did not intend was the measure of steepness in the hike.

Some people do not know but it takes a very long time unless you are a stunt man of sorts to hike down hill steeply. Sometimes you gain rapid speed by catching all the right rocks however in the desire to move quickly sometimes you make the wrong step.

I remember once taking that step and being only a few feet from a cavern that overlooking a rocky roaring river. I hit the wrong rock lost my balance fell on my belly and slid over a cliff. Rocks and Trees are hikers best friend or worst enemy. We must choose our rocks and trees very carefully. It was clear sure death lay before me if I did not gain my ground.

I can equate this mountain adventure to life. In Christ even we go through many struggles find ourselves in a place of peace. Perhaps we leave too soon or maybe we stay too long there. But shortly afterwards things begin to go well. We pick up speed and we start to hit the right rocks. But sometimes in our desire to move to fast we hit the wrong rock. One that is not grounded and leaves us clinging for dear life. Sometimes our choices and when we trust in that which is not of God but begin to think we put the rocks there. This is when we loose our step. Although the Steeper Uphill climb is more calculated and slower we realize we need to think about every move. But in the heart of man while going downhill we want to cascade off of mountain tops like a Gazelle when in fact our steps more clearly represent that of a hippo. Our trust is in our steps and no longer the rocks. If we can jump quickly enough even one that gives way will cause no fall but many times the steep climb up should be a closer representation of the steep hill down. We should be as calculated if not more. There is more danger and though we can go faster is it really worth it. I was taught by a mountaineer once who told me. Gain rhythm and with each step set a pace and with each pace carefully place your feet. After my slide off the end of cliff that could have ending badly if not for my trusty guide. I will not forget those words ever again.

This could more easier be said than done unfortunately. Training is important. A Guide always helps and listening and watching everything around you is key. It is indeed an all encompassing sport.

Life is very much like that. Our Rock is Jesus. If our rock becomes our job, friends, church, home, money etc. Then we will loose ground. We will fall. However if that one rock perhaps separate into millions of choices of where to step and where not to step was separated as one rock represented by different rocks on the hike of life. Where would we place our feet. On the rock that stands or the rock that slides.

Many times our issues come when we build our ideas and plans on rocks that slide.
I agree many times I have. I know even when I have done it that I have. I choose not to do that anymore. It is a thankless job that leaves much cleanup afterward. Now we can depend on that saving grace in the end when our foot slips but it is not always the case. I have heard many hikers that found their hike ended in death falling into the rocky rivers below. Plastered across well hiked areas are signs to remind you of the ones of did not make it before you.

How many times do we see thing. How many times do we not learn from our past issues or others. Sometimes signs posted in areas might be helpful. Could you imagine. Last person who ran this light died 3 days Ago in excruciating pain in a local hospital. I know it is graphic but sometimes graphic is needed.

As we climb this mountain we know the horizon lay upon the other side. More adventures of life are there but the struggle is just as much a part of the life as the battle and the battle as important as the victory. Clearly wither there be a reward the memory and the lesson learnt is far grander than what lies within the city below.

I remember after the long hike getting back very very late. I was tired. Wore out. It hurt to almost breath. I was thirsty. But I was not filled with the view from the top or even the lunch we had on the flat rock in the mist of the river. Which was indeed cool. No what I thought about was every rock and mostly of that one rock that almost had me thrown to my death on the rocks below. That was a lesson that was the even of the day. Of the many hours those few seconds we the most impacting.
They were most remembered and they were also the most treasured.

Many times I think we do not get from life because we forget that it is in our trials sometimes that the Glory lies. Doors are opened. Lives are changed. Hearts are broken rocks are moved and mountains are conquered.

It does not get much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment