Pages

The Purpose of This Site

Once this site was just for me. It was a personal blog, journal or diary of my journey with the Lord. However one day reading it I found that this could also be a real testimony to the world. Evangelism is my heart. Jesus is my life. This is my real account of my Christian walk and revelation that I share with you. In all things take them to scripture. I do not claim to be an expert though I study, research and seek the truth daily. My purpose it to stir your heart towards the Heavenly Father so you can pursue your own Journey with the lord through his word and in spirit.

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Contemporary vs Tradionalist

have so often fallen on how we feel about things and this is where the fault lies. On both sides of the argument the issue of FEEL is the problem. Contemporaries will lean to it feels good and Traditionalist will also lean to the it feels good. As much as both deny it. Both genres undeniably fall under the issue of flesh.

So lets shed a little light on the situation.

I do not want this discussion to go far out there so I will limit this topic and you can seek this is a more defined matter later. But let me start with these simple scriptures about worship. And offer the issue of inclusion instead of Seclusion.

Psalm 40: 3
And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord.

1 Chronicles 16: 9
Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; meditate on and talk of all His wondrous works and devoutly praise them!

Psalm 144: 9
I will sing a new song to You, O God; upon a harp, an instrument of ten strings, will I offer praises to You.

Psalm 145: 10
All Your works shall praise You, O Lord, and Your loving ones shall bless You [affectionately and gratefully shall Your saints confess and praise You]!

It is clear God wants something new. Search on your own the holy scriptures. He wants us to Sing, Play Music, dance. Can you dance like David danced?

John 4: 24
God is a Spirit (a spiritual Being) and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

In due respect the contemporary is shut off from the GLory of the Hymnal. It is an awesome blessing and growing up in a Baptist church as well as today I respect and love the Hymnal. The problem is that we shut our selfs off and live by our preferences and thereby loose the Glory of what God is doing in his people and through worship. Both Contemporaries and Traditionalists are doing this. It would not come as a shock that the Enemy is using music the seperate the Church (since he was the praise leader in church after all.) But what really puzzles me as that the church cannot see it. The contemporary worship team that will not even consider great Hymnals like. I Exalt Thee, Be Thou My Vision (Be THou my vision oh Lord of my heart…., Old Rugged Cross.On a hill Far a way stood an old rugged cross. But I must say that the Traditionalist looses our on SOngs like.Indescribable - From the Highest of Highest to the Depths of the Sea…Creation Revealing his Majesty. Indescribable, Incomparable, you placed the starts in the sky and you know them by name….. All speak of the glory and love of God. Or songs like. Blessed be your name. If you cannot get God or scripture out of these songs I would say that perhaps you are being short sided. In scripture we are warned of division. I see no division.

The Traditionalist argues the the music is targeted to a group. Might I implore that so are Hymnals as well. When was the last time you used Thou..Thee…Art Thou listening? The Contemporary shuffles around the beauty of the Hymnal calling them dated or irrelevant when they hold relevance because if they did not the bible would have no relevance and to think that is well…not relevant to Christianity.

I come from a church which for the most part includes both Hymnals and Contemporary. It is quite a combo. For the word of God says what the Old and the new is used for. The Old are to Teach and the Young are to Inspire the Old once again. This is indeed what happens. You can ask anyone in the church if they feel their needs are being met in the church and they will reply that is not what we are about this is why we implore both. Having no needs gives you the desire to to be unto “service” unto God. I do not think God is concerned with our worship type as we think he is far more concerned with the condition of our hearts during worship.

To imply that Worship should not be pleasurable or enjoyable and that is is solely unto God and is complete sacrifice. Is not rational and not biblical.

The word humble means = obediant
the word bow is an act of humble but without the first there is no true bowing.
We must be obediant to Scripture not to denomination or even to what we have been taught. We need to seek scripture and define what our worship will be though that not what we see or what we think should be seen.

Let me state the greatest sacrafice is the sacrifice of love. To love one another as Christ loves the church. Unconditionally.
Without fault and without division. If we find in our worship that we are doing this in anyway we should pray and let God show us we should seek the scriptures for where the spirit of the Lord is (There is Freedom).

No comments:

Post a Comment