Pages

The Purpose of This Site

Once this site was just for me. It was a personal blog, journal or diary of my journey with the Lord. However one day reading it I found that this could also be a real testimony to the world. Evangelism is my heart. Jesus is my life. This is my real account of my Christian walk and revelation that I share with you. In all things take them to scripture. I do not claim to be an expert though I study, research and seek the truth daily. My purpose it to stir your heart towards the Heavenly Father so you can pursue your own Journey with the lord through his word and in spirit.

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Proof of Burden


"To them that have no might He increaseth strength." God comes and takes us out of our sentimentality, and our complaining turns into a pæan of praise. The only way to know the strength of God is to take the yoke of Jesus upon us and learn of Him. "The joy of the Lord is your strength." Where do the saints get their joy from? If we did not know some saints, we would say - "Oh, he, or she, has nothing to bear." Lift the veil. The fact that the peace and the light and the joy of God are there is proof that the burden is there too. The burden God places squeezes the grapes and out comes the wine; most of us see the wine only. No power on earth or in hell can conquer the Spirit of God in a human spirit, it is an inner unconquerableness. If you have the whine in you, kick it out ruthlessly. It is a positive crime to be weak in God's strength.

I was bewildered while reading this section of a Devotional with Oswald Chambers from "Utmost for his highest" and it got me because mostly this line.

The fact that the peace and the light and the joy of God are there is proof the burden is there too.

______________

I have always thought of this as a place of comfort knowing that God is with you and it is comforting knowing that the King of Kings and Lord of Lords has your back shall we say in modern terms.. But what an amazing place of perspective and I have always felt it but never could quite put into words what it was. It is that the Peace and Light and the Joy of God is in us that we are Burdened. It is not a Burden of pain in the sense of not having the solution but the sense of having it and knowing when and where to share it and how long you can keep your flesh as bay so that the spirit of God can live through you and impact those around you so that the message on Sunday becomes more of a life then a short film or discussion for short observation.

The Burden is for the Lost. The Burden is for the Broken. The Burden is for those around you. Not in the sense that you are some perfect individual but that perhaps with this same pattern of love. That someone might also be Burdened for you. The world is perfect to show their war wounds to compare battle scars. So often barely lifting and eye to see around them. The world is a plainful place where friends are sometimes just for a moment and anger can easily destroy years of peace. We react and speak with Gods words we bring peace and we bring light. We react with the world we bring pain, hurt, unforgiveness and unlimately hate. We breed that hate. Then that hate breeds hate.

Burden and compassion cannot live here. But it is many times where Compassion is born however the mix must also be with the the forgiveness of God. like a spice added to dish it can only be understood as at times "Salt" i am not much of a Salt fan so I have always had trouble with this illustration. But its more of a place of universal understanding than a personal platatude. But the Proof of our Burden at times is the Proof of God living through us.

If our fancy life and designer glasses, jeans, and purses cannot see the hurting world around us where then has all the reading, the studying and the masterful word smithing as a friend of mine once noted taken us? My prayers and tears amount to self worth and emotional expression but do not amount to action. I see this not in others but ultimately I need to see this in myself before I can see it in others. In brute honesty I have seen it in myself. I love people but does the love come from wanting to be seen as righetous, or as the one who makes the church and the kingdom look better. Does it come from a desire to be seen or even reported or even to be considered to be a "Good" man? Or does it come from this Burden that is born from the the Fathers heart and given over to us through his spirit that we might love one another?


This is picture is far more beautiful, but as I am always trying to be more brutally honest with myself. Without Christ as the center but people and compassion and love as the distraction in the mist of his glory it is merely an emotional reaction. An inspiring life, a place of conversation or exhaltation. But when Christ is the Center. When the Love of Jesus is the Center this Burden that comes from his Burden is felt, recieved and it would not matter to anyone that there was recognition. For all that matters is that God has found a vessel to do his work for that very moment even if it never be again.

It's like a fragrance of God left behind in action. My stinch only wisks it away. But gently as organizations who are founded by some great vision see they have such a great task ahead they soon will realize that without Christ's heart
they cannot do all they set out to do. The pain, the hurt, the destruction, the poverty, the homelessness, joblessness, abuse, murder, and hatred runs too deep to change it by mere emotion or vision. It really has to be god's hands.

Last night I got this word. it was "Let my hands do all the work and let your voice simply proclaim my name" This is what I am going to do from now on. Because the rest will all pass away. I really want to live for eternity not just in word but in action and if that means setting down all I can do and will do for his Glory then ...AMEN to that!

Matthew 25:35-40 (New International Version, ©2011)

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

_______


If this note touched you and you are interested in providing some action to your burden.
Visit http://jonahproject.com/

Also if you would like to visit a church in San Bernardino County that I believe is doing just this. Resourcing the Community click here to visit Gracious Living Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment